Friday, April 6, 2012

New Blog to Follow: Kayln's Kitchen

While I was visiting with my ND physician today, he recommended I Google the following words "Utah, Mediterranean and South Beach diet." He said this would lead me to a great website that has healthy but filling recipes also based on the various levels of the South Beach diet. 


Here is what I have found so far:
Cotter’s Borlotti Bean, Zucchini and Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Easy, Herbed Sugar Snap Peas (I'm wondering if you could use olive oil instead of butter here, I bet so).
Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower  (If you're wondering what za'atar is, like I was, here is the definition from wikipedia. Basically, it is an herbes de provence but from India. Za'atar is generally prepared using ground dried thymeoreganomarjoram, or some combination thereof, mixed with toasted sesame seeds, and salt, though other spices such as sumac might also be added).
Brussels Sprouts Chips
Thai Spicy Cabbage Slaw (the color on this is beautiful, as you can see below)
Baked Mustard Lime Chicken
Asian Lettuce Cups with Pork (I'll just use pork tenderloin)
Pork Sirloin with Spicy Peanut Sauce (I'll just use pork tenderloin)
Colombian-Style Pork Chops (Chuletas de Cerdo)  (these sound delicious but make sure to plan ahead because they need to marinate overnight)
Mediterranean Collard Wrap with Hummus, Artichoke Hearts and Sun-Dried Tomatoes (these sound delicious)
Vegan Picadillo Lentil Stew with Sweet Bell Peppers and Green Olives
Cumin Lime Stewed Lentils (I keep hearing Lentils are great - we'll give a few recipes a try!)
Basil Pesto with Lemon (http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/08/recipe-for-basil-pesto-with-lemon-and.html)
Baked Pesto Chicken (this sounds amazing)
Balsamic and Onion Pot Roast (with South Beach, you can't have more than 10% fat, which means you must trim the fat off of the chuck roast)


That's plenty for now!


Happy Easter and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment