Saturday, April 7, 2012

Productive (Rainy) Saturday

Our original plan had been to take the kayaks out on their maiden voyage for 2012 today but the weather had other ideas in mind, which was fine with us! We woke to a slightly cool, fresh air morning (windows open!) 


I settled down to my first breakfast back on food - yay! I enjoyed English Breakfast hot tea, 1/2 c of plain non-fat greek yogurt mixed with stevia and topped with blueberries. Dr. Feezell would have been proud. I also drank water before I started my meal. The 64 oz of water a day habit, is one I really want to keep maintaining. 


Next, I went for a 20 minute jog (a full loop around the neighborhood, including hills!), cooled down with a brisk 20 minute walk and wrapped it up with about 25 minutes of free weight training on my upper body. I was feeling great. 


For lunch, I had a chocolate shake with fiber and again, plenty of water.


As an in between snack, I had 2 slices of Swiss cheese rolled with 4 slices of Oscar Meyer 98% fat free hardwood smoked turkey delifresh slices. 


Dinner was another special treat, salmon with an olive oil lemon sauce (link to recipe here) - approximately 4.8oz. We flash grilled asparagus (lightly brushed in olive oil, freshly cracked salt and pepper) and drank a cocktail of Perrier with fresh blackberries.


Now, we are going to watch one of my most favourite movies, Chocolat, while noshing on some high quality chocolate (E. Guittard Nocturne chocolate bar for me, 1/4 of it; Dagoba - Xocolatl - Dark Chocolate, Chilies and Nibs, 0.5 oz for him). We will also finish the night with a 5oz glass of merlot. Oh delight!


Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment