Saturday, February 4, 2012

Recent Movie Reviews

My husband and I joined our dear friends at our local Crabby's restaurant for dinner. Cory had blacked red snapper with asparagus and mashed potatoes which he said were delish. I had soup and Pellegrino Bulgari edition, in a champagne glass of course.

Later at their house, we had game night. First we played SceneIt, at which Cory surprisingly cleaned up! Next, we played Scrabble Slam and let me tell you, this is not your traditional Scrabble where you want to fall asleep. This game is fun, quick thinking and did I mention fun? I also won 4 out of 4 games but I won't admit it was due to the fact that I was the only one without alcohol during the night.

Anyway, I wanted to write about some recent movies we have seen to encourage you to see some and discourage you from others.

1. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Awesome and everything a great action movie should be: incredible action scenes, attractive cast and the bonus: a decent plot! Tom Cruise was definitely back in fine form - my husband even said "Aside from the Scientology stuff, he seems like a pretty nice guy." This will be a great blu ray for the home theater.

2. The Eagle - if you like historic war movies set in England with plenty of gore, this is for you. It's definitely a B-grade movie but for a $1.50 red box rental, why not? Plus, Channing Tatum is cute.

3. Drive - I kept reading reviews that this was a standout movie of the year and Ryan Gosling was at his best. Somewhere in those comments, they forgot to mention that it was also a gory blood bath. The title should have been: Blood Bath, LA, No Driving. There really were zero driving scenes. Boo.

4. Ides of March - Although George Clooney gets kudos for his directorial debut, I mean come on, pick up the pace! This movie was slow, it's key redeeming factor was the great actors. Again, for a $1.50 red box, not the worst mistake ever.

5. Contagion - We are currently watching this now and it's pretty decent. I recommend watching it if you like some suspense, great actors and a compelling story that touches the world and your neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment