Friday, February 3, 2012

Searching for Healthy, High Protein Recipes

Hello!
I can't believe how long I've gone without writing, but such is life!

Anyway, my husband and I have started really watching what we are eating so that we can have the healthiest bodies and lives possible. I even took the steps to start a medical weight loss program (check it out: New Directions) and I'm in week 3! While it's been very difficult to abstain from eating (and drinking alcohol too), I'm already down 10 lbs in two weeks. I truly can't wait for the final results (timeline should be 3 1/2 or so months).

This program was a great fit for me because it's so black and white - either you are following the plan or you're not. Additionally, it truly resets your mentality about food to set you up for a healthy life, not just for yourself but your husband and (future) family. You also achieve results quickly, but in a healthy manner, which helps if you are ADD during diet programs like I am.

While in the reducing phase, they encourage you to start learning new habits to prepare you for your post-weight loss, maintenance phase. This life change will definitely influence the topics of my future posts. I will continue to feature food but enhance the focus on finding healthy but filling meals. I also want to highlight great activities that don't include food (which if you Google, is very hard to find), being more active (bicycling, walking the dogs, etc.) and of course, having fun in life!


No comments:

Post a Comment